Although, I was diagnosed as a ZZ alpha1 four years ago that was not the over riding reason for my decision not to date until a year ago. Many of my friends with children have said to me "I could walk outside today and get hit by a car! You are wrong to do this to yourself! You are punishing yourself for something you have no cause to punish yourself for! You should really reconsider your attitude about dating, Katie."
So...I have! Am I entitled to be scared? Gee, I hope so!!
You should laugh about this!! I sure did!!
I went to www.bigchurch.com. I did there personality survey and I am classified as a ESTP(Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perceiver) "Wheeler-Dealer" and my supposed ideal match is either another ESTP(Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perceiver) "Wheeler-Dealer" or ENTP(Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiver) "The Innovator". I called my friend Michelle(who used to work with me at "Trailers" in Evansville) to ask her opinion on the personality profile of me and her response was...Yes, I agree totally. She said yes in one of those....Doh! How could you not realize that, KATE!!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking