.....into there are not enough hours in the day(daylight) before the snow flies!! I was busy this last weekend selling sweet corn & managed to start getting caught up on my Inc. Magazine reading while waiting in between sales. LOL I still got another 1.5 issues to go though!! I also have been busy with insurance stuff...Not health....car/home and have a new insurance agent in a week. Still looking for part-time work. Planning to attempt to pass Medic First aid for adults as well as pediatric Medic First Aid in the next couple of months. It's been 13 yrs since I took First Aid/CPR and have wanted to take it again for a while. I could never get in a class because they were either offered nights or didn't have enough participants for a Saturday class. Even if I don't pass the CPR I will still be better able to help someone than if I didn't!
I start participating in the Stepping Forward research project very soon. I'm really excited to be involved in Alpha1 research! Only through research will more answers be found. This a 5 yr study Dr. "Sandy" is conducting. There are 500 people participating.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking