...Or so they say. I didn't make school board but, in a way I'm glad. It was a new experience for which I'm glad I was a participant in. It turned out to be a popularity contest but, it was no reflection of those most concerned about the students, community or tax payer. I think were I to have become a school board member I would have found it very frustrating.
I have been sick off n on. I even went so far as request an xray yesterday when I was into Urgent Care. I got a chance to see my xray's. it wasn't as scary as I expected! I was given an "updraft" (nebulizer treatment), a prescription for Prednisone and Ciprofloxacin for five days. It has had a dramatic effect on my ability to breathe. I hope after the snow melts I can start bicycling again. I really have thirst to bike up to Hayward some Saturday. I really believe that goal is well within my reach!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking