Still doing very well since October. Ordered Power90 (little sister to P90X). I did not know whether or not I could do it till I viewed it. Goal is to lose 25 pounds. Purpose is to improve FEV1. They said for the program to really work you have to change your eating habits. It is still a work in progress! In the process have got my sugar levels stabilized which had been trying to do since 2008 with no success. So glad I managed that.
Warm weather has finally found us in the dairy state! Woo Hoo!!!! Now I will be able to get at projects outside! Proud to say I shoveled my driveway all winter long. Wasn't a planned thing. Started from neccessity and end out of a desire to challenge myself.
I looked into the self employed insurance coverage and had 3 choices according to one of my industry advocates. All of them were quite sub par. I did hear you can go outside of the exchanges to look and eventually I'll look into that. At this point I am preparing for worst case scenario. So at this point I'm trying to dig deep, focus on how to make more money outside of the factory to build wealth to be self employed and pay for the anticipated needed lung transplant in 10 + years.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking