Thursday was the anniversary of my sisters death. I handled it better than I expected. In fact, didn't get weepy till heading home from work. A Carole King song came on from her acclaimed Tapestry album. I had bought Johanna a CD of it in the last decade. It was one of her favorite albums outside of any Barbara Streisand album.
This spring winter weather is challenging me as a farmer and as an alpha. Like the rest of you I am having the seasonal allergy effect like never before. I keep wanting to exercise but, it's all I can do to complete an 8 hr shift and cough my lungs out. My nebulizer, rescue inhaler and cough drops have become my new best friends!! It's an up and down journey for sure! One day I feel like something my farm cat drug home from the back forty....the next I believe I'm on the mend! Was around 70 out today. Although lethargic for the most part I did get out in the yard to begin cleaning it up. Relieved we are set to be on 40 hr work weeks for a stretch. The 32 hr work weeks really had me scared. I've never seen it like that in 9 yrs(even after the massive layoff)!!! That should help my health some (less stress). Looking to get a fishing license for the first time in a decade. Scheduling a carry concealed class in southern Wisconsin. If there is enough signed up I'll assist in teaching the class. If my cough, rattle and nasal drip has not begun to disappear I'll be heading to U of Chicago afterwards. They don't seem to know how to treat me up here. I still intend to bloom where I'm planted anyway!!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking