The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Things Are Looking Up! Seeing Endless Possibilities!!

I got a droid but, it has it's limits! I. E. Like what I can post on the internet or rather where I can post on the internet. I'm caught up w/ all my property taxes. What a GREAT feeling that is!! I am also 2 months ahead of schedule on one of my three medical bills. I did in fact get called to do Census work....what really amazes me is of the 4 of us that got tested in December I was the ONLY one hired. My primary power of attorney keeps telling I have God's favor...I can't disagree with that the way things have played out the last three months. Sure feels like it!!

My vegetable seeds I started are doing well. I just passed CPR/First Aid this last Saturday. The gentleman co- teaching the class said if we liked what we were doing and want to go on to training for First Responder....the local fire departments would be thrilled to have more First Responders. Well, I'm gonna keep going and go for First Responder training. My local volunteer fire dept had two First responders. One had to move & one quit. I will be great to have the additional training since the cabin is 1.2 miles back in the woods. BUT, more importantly it will be a super opportunity to give back to my local community and help people!! I just can't express how blessed I feel!

No comments: