The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Long Time No Talk....
It's official I'm not growing produce for market. It's just too hard. Everytime I go outside to the garden I think of Johanna and our many gardening/canning/freezing conversations. Still trying to reinvent myself a bit. Working long hours at the plant. I'm $300 short of my $1500 donation goal for the Special Olympics raffle. Did a pitch with an athlete to the local Knights of Columbus group. Agency gained $200. Been thinking I need to add/update weblinks on here.