Coach Barnabo in high school coined the phrase "Ya Gotta Wanna!" Well, I got plenty of wanna but, I seem to have had a failed self-infusion. First I blew the vein then the second time the vein collapsed. I spoke to the head nurse at Accreddo today and she said I wasn't drinking enough fluids if my veins were collapsing. GRRR!!! I drink between 60 and 80 oz of water a day.
I was victorious in another way though. I did get my last disability claim to go through finally. So, I should see a check reasonably soon. I am already thinking about my affirmation walk for 2008. It's a toss up between two. It depends who I can get to do it with me. Two events in question are both team events. One is in Southern Wisconsin...the other is in Northern Illinois. It was interesting to go read my post on here from June, July & August. It's incredible to read how hightened my emotions were and my reaction to everything.
It looks like I'm going to Strictly Sail in Chicago after all. Woo Hoo!! Hopefully between now and then I will have acquired a nice thick long wool coat down there. I did see some last year at the mall in Janesville but, they didn't seem that thick. I' ve always wanted one. As Tony likes to always tell me "It's Chicago! We'll find it!!"
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking