The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Want A Scooter!!

Kathy in SDL where I have been working lately had been complaining that she had to go to the computer in another part of the plant got a Mongoose scooter today. The night shift manager and the lead man from SDL came and presented it to her. What makes it especially funny is she is in her mid - late 50's. We all just laughed hysterically over this. I don't think she ever attempted to ride it but, threatened to in front of the department supervisor!

WE ARE ON 40 HRS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!! 8HR WORK DAYS!!!

I have visions of working days dancing through my head!!! A position on days has come up for bid. It is the same job I do nights so, everybody keep their fingers crossed cause I bid on it. As Johanna said "You need it for you health and sanity!" . I don't sleep well during the day and I could be more involved in my local community. I plan to take a SCORE class this next Saturday. I am confident it will be helpful!

No comments: