The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I'll Take A Cup Of Sleep With That!
I have worked out sporadically but, am very glad for the first one as it helped my lungs pop. My lungs had been tight and sometimes when I do cardio/ ab wieght training it seems to help my lungs pop afterwords when I get home and lay down. Simply said...trapped air in my lungs escapes and I seem to have an easier time breathing. My supervisor in a meeting w/ us today said "Orders have dropped off so we should be back to normal hours pretty soon. I DIDN'T say any voluntary layoff!!" The 8hr work days can't come soon enough!!! I doubt they(10hr week days and 5hr Saturdays) have helped my lungs function well. I rarely get more than 4 - 5 hrs sleep a night as I have never been able to sleep much during the day. I'm gonna get my van fixed. These gas prices have made it to where it will be cheaper to fix it than drive my truck. Although, the last month or so I probably would have drove the truck with the ice & snow we had over the last month.