The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nervous As A Cat On A Hot Tin Roof!!

Yup, that would be me!! I just accepted a counter offer on a 20 acre farm and we are worried the septic tank doesn't exist or will not pass for a conventional septic tank. In most cases it would be negotiable however there are to be 3 more showings of said property and any secondary offers could eliminated the current owners need to negotiate or repair the septic.

It is less than 3 days b-4 the Dairyland Dare. I am not so sure I injured my back at work buy, glad it feels like it healed. I backed off on working out until a few days ago. I feel the best I have felt physically in a year. We are working 9hr days and I still feel really good except for an insatiable appetite!! I am hoping I can use my frustration/anxiety to keep me going when those hills get steep theis Saturday doing the Dare.

Either way I must say this....It is SOOO hard for me to comprehend 2 months ago I thought I would be forced into disability and now I feel like I could go 5 more years without supplemental oxygen and continue to work my physically demanding job on the floor. It is such an AWESOME feeling!!!!!

No comments: