Nah, not really. Everytime I come to my new farm I notice something different. I'm a little behind schedule as far as moving. I walked in the vacant house the day I closed and had difficulty breathing. I left a message for my original nurse to return my call. I really trust Sue. Not all alphas should expect to have a relationship with the nurse that teaches them how to self-infuse. I'm just VERY LUCKY!
She called back an hour or so later. She told me to have my ducts cleaned. Make sure they use brushes & back blow it. If I decide to keep the carpet there is such a process as chemical free steam cleaning which Advanced Restoration does. She also encouraged me to contact the many people I know in the alpha1 community about what household chemicals are best to use. The American Lung Association is another good source!! Today they are coming to clean the ducts. After, the house is thourghly cleaned(walls, too) they will come with the steam cleaner and clean the carpet.
I also had the fuel pump go out on my truck so it was in sick bay for a few days. I may or may not post for a while but, eventually I will since I just got DSL. Man...is it evr quick!!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking