The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Where have you been???How are you doing?
I still in the midst of that dreaded moving. I told someone the other day....I hated moving even way back in college but, this is worse! By 40 you have acquired way more stuff than you had at 20. Can hardly wait for it to be over. I likely won't post for quite a while again. Got some new windows for the cabin & the house ordered and got to get some other stuff done b4 the snow flies and frost sets in. I hope to make an info post about PSA's & the subject of teeth which can affect an alphas health. Hopefully I will come back to reread this post and remember to make the info post(I do forget things on occasion)!!