The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Saturday, March 13, 2010
I Wish I May, I Wish I Might!
I am waiting on the Spiriva I ordered on Monday. I usually have my ordered meds from Pennsylvania within 3 days. I called yesterday and they said it had shipped on Tuesday so, hopefully today they will arrive in the mailbox! I just saw an ad for Prevacid. It said it used to be a prescription med now it's an over the counter med. I'm thinking that's a good thing but, not completely sure. Thoroughly enjoying the warmer temperatures outside. Nice on the pocketbook and wonderful for the circulation. Now, just waiting on the ground to warm up. Looking forward to green grass...even if it means a lot of mowing around the farm. It's always great to be outside instead of cooped up inside!! Thrilled I found an authorized Kohler dealer who can & will work on my Skag "turf tiger". Their within 25 miles and considerably cheaper than previous mower repair shops! WOOT!