The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Saturday, September 3, 2011
The Rambler, Midlife Insanity and a Wannabe Hippy?
It's that time of year I'm out selling sweet corn....and I have time to think a lot between sweetcorn sales. I'm struggling like a lot of other Americans and reflecting. I've thought about my cut in pay, taking on a part-time job and the dreams that seem so far away. Last night while selling in front of the local cafe an antique winnebago named "Wanderer" turned in. A handsome young guy with a big smile on his face shouted out the window as he wheeled around my truck "Made a wrong turn!" followed right behind by a red late model rodeo. As he left the lot and I heard him give her some gas I thought....you want a motorhome...does it need to be so new? Remember how much fun you had with what you thought was your awful looking old beater car or truck? I realised...No, I don't need the new smell. I could gut it and personalize it! Then I thought about that cool looking 1968 Harley Sportster I'd seen on craigslist a few months ago. Could I have just as much fun, if not more fun cruising around on something like that? Yes, I could...and imagined all the good natured ribbing I could receive and the laughs as I say "But, it's paid for!!". Then today instead of catching up on my Inc magazine I grabbed my Cruising World magazine and started reading Fatty Goodlanders article. I realised I really need to look at my financial situation/aspirations differently. I thought about that neglected old Pearson Triton 28 sitting up at Corny. I realised to motivate myself to get that part-time job I need to look at it not only as a tool to eliminate debt but, to fulfill dreams and check more things off my bucket list! If I don't I am going against my long standing philosphy "You need to own the disease, not let it OWN YOUR LIFE!!!!"