The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Sunday, May 19, 2013

And We Are OFF!

As of last Tuesday I recovered. I would not have posted tonight if I hadn't been rained out of my gardens!! Started working on getting my mower & weedeater running that very day! Ooooh, was I sore from pulling the pull rope to get them to start!!! That night I almost thought I had worked tobacco harvest. Funny story: Years ago I worked tobacco. The first day we cut all morning and we speared all afternoon. I woke up the next morning stiff. I amble down stairs with my socks & shoes in hand. I sat down on a chair and proceeded to try to put my sock on. I looked at my Mom incredulously and said "I don't know if I can get my socks on!" My Mom responded sincerely "Do you want me to help you?" I responded "No, if I can just get it over my big toe...I GOT IT MADE!" I bet it took me 20 minutes of attempts till I finally succeeded!

Anyway, since then I have been tilling, planting and knocking down high grass in my 3 acre patch I let lay fallow last year. Looking forward to a GREAT year!!! Trying some new green pepper, hot pepper and tomato varieties. Also, trying to grow turnip, parsnip, rutabaga and bok choy. Going to be such a fun growing year! Going to can veggies for the first time in a decade. Trying lots of new tomato canning recipes! Pretty excited about that!!! While buying plants in Chippewa Falls I stopped at my favorite bike shop for new straps for my Yakima bike rack. Spring Street Sports is an awesome bike shop!! Thought I needed to buy new bike tires but, upon closer inspection recognized all I need to do is air up the tires. Don't know if I'm going to attempt to bike with my competition eggbeater pedals or have the original pedals that came on it put back on. I'm biking for health and money savings. I racked up quite the medical bill in ER!! My share is approximately $1400. Next month I take the NRA non gun instructor course Refuse To Be A Victim. It's going to be nice to be able to offer something for those that don't want to carry a handgun!

In other news....I am anticipating attending the September alpha1 ed day in Chicago!

Skipidy do dah, skipidy day!

No comments: