...Is what my sister claims I'm learning welcoming my neice into my home. I get the patience part but, not the adaptability part! Although I will say transitioning the farm to organic is an act of learning to adapt. Looking forward to the dog but, getting more caught up in the training currently. General concensus is when we do the "puppy run" Holly the dog is going to wrap my neice right around her little paw and I'll become chum. Looking at an inexpensive tablet to take pics & vids to upload online. I have an old Kodak digital camara that I have some issues with and don't trust completely anymore. Guess it's time for a Nikon. Learned about www.chewy.com & some other dog product stores online. On an alpha1 note the dog will help me relax a little (reduce stress...stress can kill ya) and insure I get plenty of exercise. I believe the dog will be good medicine for Ru as well. She particularly excited about the "puppy run" and the baby chicks coming to the farm at the end of March.
Getting into dogs is leading me towards spending more time at cabin in the woods, traveling to other states, raising game birds & homing pigeons. What an interesting journey.
Reading Thank You Economy & Boundaries With Kids. And then onto a gundog training book. Totally into the gentle way to train a dog.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking