The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Someone Let My Evil Twin Loose In The Bike Shop,,,

...at least that's what I'm trying to convince everybody. I went in to get my 24 speed upgraded to a 27 speed. I saw these bike shorts, then I asked about Cat eyes and water bottle holders. This was followed by a discussion about bike seats, pedals and bike shoes(so much for foulies). I set aside a pair of mountain bike bicycle shoes(as they were more comfy and stable than racing bicycle shoes). Well, of course you can't have shoes w/o cleats and pedals, Right??? So, now I have added cleats, shoes and pedals to my things needed. Not to mention 2 more pair of bike shorts. That is followed by an additional water bottle holder. I deplore my new cat eye so that is replaced by the new Cannondale computer w/ easy to use buttons on it(but, we didn't go all out and spend another $20 for a wireless unit). Seeing as I will be participating in a longer more grueling trek this summer I need a helmet that is lighter and has more vents, too!

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot....the verdict is still out on the Spiriva. Other than it's real easy to use. I am on my last see food diet day. Tomorrow is the beginning of the new whole foods diet. Needless to say I splurged and bought Ruffles potato chips to go w/ my sour cream & french onion soup mix dip.

I bought bread w/ flax seed, Asparagus, apples, pears, cauliflower, rutabaga, baby red potatoes, lettuce salad mix, Alaskan salmon and whole milk to go with my Kasha Cinnamon harvest cereal. Tomorrow Crystal light is banned from my diet. Just straight water. I figured being off this week it would help me stay committed to my new eating regimin.

What do I hope achieve by this change??? I hope to better fuel my body 24/7 so I no longer burn muscle mass when I want to burn fat. Also, to help myself not "bonk" during a trek.

All n' all I guess I got off cheaper than if it had been a Harley!!

No comments: