The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Good News is Everybody Does It...

The bad news is it will take you a few times before it becomes second nature to you. That's what Denny W. told me last week when I called to findout what I was doing wrong trying to remove my cleated bike shoe from the pedal.

I had an America's Funniest Video moment for which I am grateful no one had a video of. I pedalled up to my driveway. Came to a complete stop thinking how hard can this be to get my shoe released from my egg beater pedals. Tried once, tried a second time and simultaneously fell over sideways. Later in the week when I got home from work I slipped on my bike shoes, got on my bike and leaned against the back of my truck practicing removing my cleats from the pedals. I also discovered my floating cleat is on "my" right foot instead of my left foot so it is kinda awkward but, I do have the hang of it now.

I went down to Spring Street Sports in Chippewa Falls to buy a different saddle. According to one of the techs the Damselfly is too narrow. The shop owner said to hang onto the receipt and in a week if the seat didn't fit right bring it back and try another one. I needed a 155. I bought a Specialized saddle..... since according to Terry bike company sales lady they were none available in different sizes other than length and width at the back which were in inches. I'm loving the new 27 speed set up that Anybody's Bike Shop in Eau Claire put on. I no longer have problems with the chain dropping off the front chain ring(I'd taken the bike setup with the 24 speed in to be readjusted several times but, within 10miles of pedalling it would go back to dropping the chain).

I have to say the Spiriva is working well. I also think the Cefprozil the Urgent care dr put me on Friday is helping but, it's going to be a slow recovery from this Upper Respiratory infection.

I saw Silent Sports July issue is out. On the front cover the caption reads something like "Dairyland Dare a draw for on gutsy woman". That lady would be me. The article appears on page 19 & 20. I passed on the baseball game today in an attempt to get rested up and lick this UR infection.

I went in Noreens chatroom last night & discovered that next years Alpha1 National Convention is tentatively plan for San Francisco. It would be nice to be sponsored to attend. On the other hand I might just have to save up my schillings to attend. San Francisco is sorta near Monterey, Santa Cruz & Carmel.

No comments: