The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Sunday, July 27, 2008
I So Live In Mayberry!
I stopped by OST to renew my fitness membership. In the past the daytime workers never seemed to have a clue what was going on so, I asked when Brenda would be in. By first break I find a voicemail from Brenda saying "Hi Katie! I figured when she told me the person who came in said she got a break in price because of some special medical condition...It must be you." She left her OST's number and her home phone number. My key card was reactivated before they even received payment. I biked 16.8 miles today. It was really weird...on some hills I could keep a staedy 20mph yet on others I was doing well to do 6.5mph. The only thing I could figureout was maybe one was more shaded, had less breeze or was more humid. I worked out at OST for about and hour stretching & lifting weights.