I have changed to a younger pulmonology doctor @ UofC. My previous pulmonologist at Mayo. Thought that complaints of excessive tiredness & phone calls in regard to whether or not she should be put on Predinsone should be ignored. On top of that the last time I went to Mayo. They didn't put a pulse/oxy on me, check my weight or listen to my lungs before they switched one of my inhaler meds...sealed the deal. They got fired!!
This recent vist w/ a pulmonologist was the first time over the years I actually wished I'd had someone in the room w/ me! I likely remember everything but, wish I had the insurance policy that insured I DID!! I have a ENT appointment, eventually a sleep study, a VO2Max, a arterial blood gas test(complete with wrist being numbed up[followed by needle stick and catheter insertion]), three blood draws and a sleep study(me might need one of those machines that helps a person have a great night sleep...I think they are called a c-ap[ I think that's short for sleep apnea]?).
To some of you this might sound terrible but, to me it's one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard! Three weeks ago my job appeared on the jobs for bid board. I thought buying a house was a wasted pursuit. And just what was I supposed to do with the rest of my life after being an active person my whole life( or in my Mom's words: "You were hyper but, not the kind of kid a parent worried about.") ??? I have actively been looking for a house but, it seems to always be the basement that rules a house out. Having a house basement recertified I learned today doesn't really completely eliminate the mold mildew issue...it only covers it up( they come in spray the walls of a basement with a bleach/water mix, let it dry, then paint over it. That doesn't rule out mold and mildew in the timber.)
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking