The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Can't Be Trusted In Bookstores Either!!
When I had gone to bike shop a couple weekends ago I decided since I was so close to Eau Claire I head to Olive Garden for a late lunch. Then I decided well I'll stop at Borders bookstore and look at the sailing magazines. Well...I didn't get any sailing magazines...I instead got a copy of "Success" magazine and Joel Osteen's "Good, Better, Blessed" cd set. As for the bike shop technically I stayed under $50 sort of. I bought $28 worth of stuff BUT, I ordered $83 of other stuff I picked up last weekend. I don't care for EFX electrolyte powder or whatever it was called. It was lemon-lime flavored but, oh well. I really like the Hammer: gel(unflavored), gelbot & perpetuem(unflavored). The unflavored doesn't make a person want to gag! I highly doubt I will be healthy enough to participate in the Dairyland Dare but, I'm going to do my best to at least attend the event!