I am winding down from putting up the harvest sort of. I still have plenty pumpkins, grapes & apples to can. I have 3 grocery bags of summer squash to fry up w/ mushrooms, onions, tomatoes & Penzey's Fox Point seasoning to vac seal to throw in my poor stuffed chest freezer. We started the Stepping Forward research project a couple weeks ago. It will last 5 yrs I am told.
As putting is winding down pumpkin sales is winding up. I'm also in the midst of the process of refinancing my hobby farm. I finally discovered the back 10 acres of my farm last week. I found I have aproximately 3 - 4 more acres of field to utilize & I have 4 wild elderberry plants. Don't know what became of my wild plums...hopefully next yr will be a better yr. Also began taking a stab at home winemaking this week. Inspite of having a book and DVD on winemaking I still made mistakes(thankfully they weren't major and were correctable)!!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking