...I am commited to training again for the Dairyland Dare
I made promises to several people that I was going to set up my beloved bike on my fluid trainer by January 1, 2009 to do interval training on. I also extended my fitness membership for 3 months. To round things out I am going to include yoga & pilates workouts into my training. I think as a primer for cycling season I am going to do the 38 mile Rock 50/50 as well(if they still have it...the town it is held in is experiencing tremendous jobs losses).
In other bike news.....I have finally accepted....I'm a bike geek!
I got the recent Bicycling magazine in the mail and read it cover to cover in a day or two. I also confess I encountered a bad case of bike lust drooling over a $12,000 bike on the front cover that people could enter to win. They need to give away a less expensive bike so I could afford the tax as a result of winning it. I have finally realized that guy was right when he said "YOU WILL succomb to chamois butter!".
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking