Boy, do I ever feel like old McDonald. I still have a job but, will need to get up at ungodly o'clock in the morning. I thankfully didn't get the call from my supervisor saying "You have been given mandatory layoff." I got the call to show up for day shift in my normally determined area. I have run into a couple of people who work 2nd shift where I work around town and I swear they used the dartboard method for determining who got mandatory lay off. 52 took voluntary and 200 got mandatory.
Now like old McDonald I'm going to have to watch the weather till spring comes. Guess there's worse things that could happen! I am so thankful I have my farm. People always have to eat and I got the place to grow stuff. Plus, I ain't gonna go hungry. My Mother said to me once after I said I was hungry..."You're always hungry!" I am also thankful for my sister Mary who took the time to bake and cook with me at an early age when she was home on weekends from college. I started cooking at 7 and baking by myself when I was 9. I'm also thankful for having a frugal Father who grew up during the great depression and taught us all how to be resourceful.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking