The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Being Active In The Alpha1 Community...
Has many pluses!! I just got offered a placed to stay for free when I spend the weekend in Chicago in August. That just rocks!! There are also other benefits as well. A social outlet, an opportunity to share what each other knows/has learned about alpha1 and how to fight it. Lovin' the rain! Corn & pumpkins are doing awesome! Can hardly wait for PYO season in August!!!