Didn't know what else to type for a heading. Using library to post. Not much cpu time left today. Got an email from a newly diagnosed Alpha. It's funny...I get burned out on being an alpha1 advocate sometimes but, then I'll get contacted by someone who is looking for knowledge & encouragement and I forget my burned out feeling. I remember what it felt like when it first hit me. The next thing ya know I just so want to help them have hope as well as the ability to regain their equilibrium!
I think I might have a cold. I have been working 9hr days. My days have begun at 4am and ended sometime around 9 or 10 pm. My field of dreams is shaping up though as a result. I have been coming home from work and driving right out to the field to work. I did sleep in today because I have been so exhausted to the point on Tuesday I arrived at work late. I destroyed my perfect attendance record I had going for 1.5 yrs. Makes me mad at myself! Going to Spring Street Sports to buy Hammer gel/Perpetuem products...Hopefully I can keep it under $50. It usually winds up being $125 +. I am a bike geek. I can not be trusted in a bicycle store!!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking