The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Friday, June 15, 2007

Holy Moses...Basic Keelboat Is Upon Me!

My instructor assured me he will work with me and I WILL LOVE sailing!! I am also going to see if I can figureout how to download digital pictures from my 'puter! One to prove I actually DO live in the biggest small town in Wisconsin and to steal some verbage from someone at the 16th Alpha1 convention...I clean up WELL!!





Well, I am at least starting to get this picture download stuff. There are some other pictures included. The first two pics I think you can figureout! The the third picture in the first row of pictures is (from left myself, I think Jan, Johanna(my sister) and Karis (Crain???) a CSL Behring sales rep(OK). The two group pictures are who's who pictures. The first one in the second row is the Alpha-Pack. The second picture in the second row is a combination of one of the leading doctors in Alpha1 research(I want to say doctor "Sandy" or Dr. Holloway), Jennifer Bauernfeind board members of Alpha kids and Judy Golding(one of something like 8 null/null's in the US as well as a member of the Alpha-Pack BOD) and a CSL Behring Alpha1 support rep Jack Pierce(IL).

No comments: