I am still taking pledges online via active.com. I have also been busy beating the bushes the old fashioned way. I am truly astounded at the generosity of the people I live around! I liove in the poorest county in the state of Wisconsin and not one person I approached has turned me down. That either means they have known someone affected by Luekemia/Lymphoma or they really like me....either way it is heartening!! I am certainly not done yet...I've only asked half the people I planned on so far.
I do however wish I was more attentive to my spelling as I have noticed many typos that there was no excuse for. I. E. where instead of wear .
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking