I managed to forget what room I was in. I thought what do I need an ID for? I shocked one of the clerks at the front desk when I told her I don't normally stay at a place this fancy and I hadn't flown in 7 years. I was fortunate the lady that checked me in recognized me and gave me a new key card. I felt like a complete idiot!!
I went to a hospitality room and walked in and saw only wine bottles and suits....I decided I didn't really fit in(I was told I didn't have to dress up till Saturday night). I walked in the Hilton gift shop here, saw all the Washington DC stuff and it finally hit me I am in a very historical part of my country. Had I realized that I think I wouldn't have balked so about using another vacation day.
I looked into room rentals at the Red Roof Inn for Strictly Sail in Chicago and realized I won't need to save as much money as I thought I would. I want to do things way different this year. I want to park/stay at a place down near Navy Pier and take a taxi back & forth. NO, Cumberland parking ramp, Schiller Park Motel 6 or CTA. I gotta protect my lungs. I'm really looking forward to Strictly Sail. It's only 8 months away! I plan to take a vacation day on my B-day so, I can hopefully get before rush hour in the afternoon so, I don't get clobbered(although, I still suspect I will get clobbered anyhow)! Since I won't have to save so much for SS I plan to take a day off and go down to Chicago this summer for a 3 day weekend. I want to do that loop architectual history tour, Shedd's Aquarium and the Art Institute. Plus, whatever else I can sqeeze in!! Either end of July or beginning or end of August.
I also got my Rosie The Riveter sleeveless bike jersey ordered! Having a bikers short sleeve jersey tan is worse than a farmers tan!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking