The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Exercise, Marley & Me and Restlessness

Well, I finally exercised at OST. I am terribly out of shape and back to the weight I was before I saw Dr. Hogarth. It's embarassing. Then I think about the fact that I chose to attempt to remain rested this fall during the move to my farm. I can say for the first time in 3 - 5 years I had no trips to urgent care or emergency this fall due to sinus or lung issues. I also want to say that sometimes when I have started exercising my lungs feel tighter, then I start to have unconducive coughs but, after a few days I begin to have conducive coughs. My lungs then seem like they just start working better and better. It would help if I knew where my flutter valve is. This device helps bring junk up out of your lungs. I know it's here somewhere...it's just a matter of finding it. The same goes for some of my food storage tops and bottoms. I have some parts missing that shouldn't be missing. So, I suspect I have another box somewhere...most likely out in the garage!

I went to see Marley & Me at the local theatre. It struck me as I was watching the ending about how restless I have become. Between that and my last attorney conversation I decided to contact SCORE. Hopefully in the not too distant future I will be meeting with someone from SCORE. I used to know what it stood for and they no longer list it because I believe it has evolved quite a bit since the 1980's. I thought the tail end used to refer to Retired Exceutives. It's closely associated with SBA(Small Business Administration).

I will be posting less I believe...especially oscar the grouch type posts anyways!

No comments: