The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Friday, January 9, 2009

Your an Anomaly...

That's what the first attorney said to me when I called him back after the other two attorneys wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole! He went on to say he had hoped he could learn some new estate planning tactics from the thrid attorney. The third attorney's receptionist suggested the next time I contact a attorney that I not tell them about my alpha1.

Bill also went on to say "We are just not accustom to someone your age coming in to seek elder law counsel. If you think you can hang in there working for five years we might be able to do some preservation of assets." Elder law varies state to state so, what pertains to Wisconsin may not pertain to your state. I also learned a little more about LLC's and that I could change the arrangement of it at a later date if I saw fit. So, for the time being I am going to setup my farm as a sole proprietorship LLC. I spoke to both my sister Jane who is a sort of business management guru and my sister Johanna who has a masters in accounting(and has done accounting work in the past). They both say I should use Quickbooks rather than Peachtree. I plan to put a poll in the right column of the blog(towards the top) to get other opinions. I intend to leave it there for at least a month because not everybody views this blog on a regular basis!

I'm also going to learn more about a quit claim. Dad quit claimed the 70 to me and his lawyer really didn't explain exacctly how it worked. There is a federal five year look back at property transfers when you apply for I believe social security disability/medicare or SSI/medicaid. If you are single and a young symtomatic alpha like me with assets...please consider addressing how to protect your assets before you become too weak to work. Know how things work in your state.


There is an organization out there called:



A.C.C.E.S.S. (Advocating for Chronic Conditions, Entitlements, and Social Services)

They do not have a web site. Organizations only reference their information such as here:
http://www.alpha1advocacy.org/support_disability.html

ACCESS Program4710 Eisenhower Blvd. Suite E-3Tampa, Florida 33634
1-888-700-7010




Their services are free!

No comments: