The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My-T-Cold!

My woke up yesterday morning to a well with a frozen pipe. At work I heard all kinds of stories as to how cold it was going to get in the next two days. I got in my truck after work and the mirror read -16 degrees by the time I got to Ladysmith it read -13. Heat wave came to mind. Started driving down the road I live and it went back down to -16. Then I thought about it a few minutes....it really isn't that cold...we've had colder weather...in fact the first winter up here I remembered -20 below and wondering wether my truck would start. She just barely did but she was over 20 years old so, she was kinda geriatric!

I've spoken to leadership at Donatelife as well as a couple administration people at Angel Flight Central. I found all of them a pleasure to talk to. Both organizations seem very well organized and am looking forward to becoming more involved in promoting them. I believe each still gives me a platform to raise awareness about alpha1 but, also enables me to make a much broader....far reaching....difference for the good of mankind.

No comments: