The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Still In Shock...At least that's what I think one would call it!

My well is still froze but, my pump isn't fried....but, that's not the shocking fact. When my well pump guy talked to me I told him about my lungs. He said " That's that lung disease...right?" I said yes. He goes onto say "I know a guy who has it. He's 43 years old and he was supposed to be dead 3 weeks ago." I asked him to either give the guy my contact info or give mine to the guy. I will be 43 in February. What's the chances of this happening considering there are only 6,000 of us diagnosed in the USA??? My buddy Bent says "One in a bazzilion!" Most alphas I meet are in their 50's and 60's. WOW!!

All I can say is God has definitely been working some serious overtime in my life! I also heard from someone from SCORE today via email. I meet him on Friday. I told him I thought I needed a devils advocate. Even so...I am most definitely looking forward to it. I spoke to my friends that own the local cafe and they said there is something besides banks to look to for financing. They also surprised me when they said when they went for financing the finacers wanted a business plan but, they never really put one together. I don't think I would recommend that to anyone but, in their case it worked out ok. Without a business plan things can get unraveled or too hectic too fast. Some of this knowledge comes from personal experience but, some also comes from reading/hearing other peoples business blues stories. Also, I am in the midst of reading "Failing Forward". Yah, I know I said Paul Tatums "No Mans Land" then Maxwells "Failing Forward". I followed my instincts and switched things around...and so far I'm REALLY GLAD I did!!

No comments: