The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Inspiration Comes In Unexpected Form

I started going to different churches to get a feel for the spirit of the church to help me in my quest to enable Americas Grow A Row program to flourish here in Rusk county. However, without Colleen Duerr and Rev. Donn Schroeder's wisdom & prayer I don't think it could have gotten to the point it has! I'm discovering it's actually started to motivate me to find a home church.

I rented two movies tonight "The Express" & "Fireproof". I liked the movies and thought about my college days. I remembered how many times people told me something couldn't be done and how I believe they could & did them. It's amazing what one can accomplish when one chooses to believe. I suspect the same holds true not only for me but, for many of you who read my blog. If we will simply give ourselves permission to believe we can it's amazing what we can accomplish. I found the interviews featured on the DVD's most inspiring and reminded how much faith plays a part in every aspect of our life.

No comments: