The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just To Let You Know

I got all setup for an infusion last night and looked at the pocket watch (w/ a minute hand) I use and discovered the battery had died. By the time I got back from Wal-Mart my veins had become weiry. I came straight home tonight and got it started on the first stick! To say the least I was elated !!! I am nearing the end of "Failing Forward" by John Maxwell. I am so glad I bought and continued to read that book. I also skim read the book by Ruth Graham "In Every Pew Sits a Broken Heart". I also have John Maxwell's books "Today Matters" & "The Difference Maker" Don't know when I'll get to them. I expect next trip to J-ville I'll stop at my friend Denny W's(he has an organic farm) to pick up all my market farming books I lent him.

I may be posting infrequently for a while. As soon as I get the minor remodeling work done in the stairway and the house refinanced I will likely get too busy to post frequently. When I bought this farmhouse I questioned the drywall finish job and a couple other things. I kept telling myself "Oh, it's not that big a deal." Well, six months has gone by and as soon as refinanced my poor house is going to get redone a room at a time. Plus, the stairway to the upstairs. It has vertical boxcar siding and half the sinkers aren't counter sunk. The same in the mudroom! I visited with the neighbors Sunday and Rich admitted the previous owner did all the remodeling. I have begun telling people "He should have left it to the professionals & the semi-professionals!"

I also have to begin training for the 2009 DD. I may do the Milwaukee liver walk w/ the Frietag family(They have children w/ alpha1). I also have seeds coming that need to be started. I have grow-a-row, angelflight & next week I am intending to attend disaster response training. I have too much to do but, everybody knows I'm happier that way than too much time on my hands!!

No comments: