I got all setup for an infusion last night and looked at the pocket watch (w/ a minute hand) I use and discovered the battery had died. By the time I got back from Wal-Mart my veins had become weiry. I came straight home tonight and got it started on the first stick! To say the least I was elated !!! I am nearing the end of "Failing Forward" by John Maxwell. I am so glad I bought and continued to read that book. I also skim read the book by Ruth Graham "In Every Pew Sits a Broken Heart". I also have John Maxwell's books "Today Matters" & "The Difference Maker" Don't know when I'll get to them. I expect next trip to J-ville I'll stop at my friend Denny W's(he has an organic farm) to pick up all my market farming books I lent him.
I may be posting infrequently for a while. As soon as I get the minor remodeling work done in the stairway and the house refinanced I will likely get too busy to post frequently. When I bought this farmhouse I questioned the drywall finish job and a couple other things. I kept telling myself "Oh, it's not that big a deal." Well, six months has gone by and as soon as refinanced my poor house is going to get redone a room at a time. Plus, the stairway to the upstairs. It has vertical boxcar siding and half the sinkers aren't counter sunk. The same in the mudroom! I visited with the neighbors Sunday and Rich admitted the previous owner did all the remodeling. I have begun telling people "He should have left it to the professionals & the semi-professionals!"
I also have to begin training for the 2009 DD. I may do the Milwaukee liver walk w/ the Frietag family(They have children w/ alpha1). I also have seeds coming that need to be started. I have grow-a-row, angelflight & next week I am intending to attend disaster response training. I have too much to do but, everybody knows I'm happier that way than too much time on my hands!!
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking