I signed up for the metric century Dairyland Dare 2009! I swear this is the last year!!
I am nervous, scared & excited! I hope I can finsih it this year. What an accomplishment that would be! I'm excited to learn that Len Geiger has several vids on youtube as well(as the result of a link in an alpha-pack newsletter I received). That is so awesome!
Now for that grow-a-row business. Pray for us! It is such a great program especially for those to contribute to that don't have a lot to spare....they can make such a big difference without parting with much cash!! There is an Episcapalian church in our county who sooo needs the assitance. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could ease some of their burden???
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking