The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

I have been on v. layoff this week. I found a hauler for my Allis-Chalmers C in southern WI. I sent a text msg to Mr. Morgan. He is thrilled Aunt Kate has progressed to the current century! I always used to say that phones were for talking on and computers were for texting on. I meet w/ a lawyer on Friday to determine if a irrevocable trust is the way for me to go. I spoke briefly to Bill today and he dispelled the myth that it was so exorbinant it was beyond my reach. It turnsout it isn't really anymore expensive than to maintain said assets outside a trust.

I'm going to try my best to get into an evening course at UW-EC called Fundamentals of Speech but, have been warned it is hard to do as a special student. Thursday I will participate in a congressional Disaster Response training course in Eau Claire that FEMA and Homeland Security may require in 2010. I also found out my alpha friend Cindy Wilson from Chicago got a single lung tx last fall. She sounds like she is doing GREAT! She also happens to be the alpha support group leader in greater Chicago. A contrator still hasn't been by to fix my stairway because all of them are so busy!

I did find one who will examine my barn to determine whether it can be saved. I've been in several barn lofts and was so taken by the unique rafters in the loft. They appear to be oak to me. I have wanted to save it from the get go but, I'm not convinced it can be salvaged. It's outward appearance has changed quite a bit since last fall. If I am able to restore it I'm not reusing it as a livestock barn but, as a retail facility. I live in what I consider to be a retirement/vacation destination and believe that would be the best reuse for it.

No comments: