The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Facebook, Freedom, Responsibility & Exercise

With the many continual changes to Facebook and the recent announcement of timeline....I decided to switch back to this. I did explore other social media networks as well. I also intend to use Skype and learn to use Twitter better!
With accepting new responsibilities in addition to existing ones I don't want to have to fiddle with timeline. I'm reminded of scripture that says "To whom much is given, much is expected." Luke 12:48.

The last couple winters I've struggled with tiredness. This year was the worst! I have a renewed commitment to maintaining my health freedom. Although I am not able to bike currently due to my back....there are many other forms of exercise I can pursue. I've begun to take supplemental 4000 units of D3 and an Iron tablet. It has made quite a difference in my energy level and alertness. I didn't know iron plays a role in carrying oxygen in the blood stream!

Salute!

No comments: