The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Everything Isn't Always What It Seems...

That big honking box with augmentation therapy and equipment to administer it is only for a month...not 3 months. : (

I also foundout that: a) I have good veins b ) the Accredo nurse likes me but, it's too long to drive(which unfortunately I agree with) c) will be replaced by a nurse from Lakeview homecare{Rice Lake,WI}. I am not real thrilled about it...but, don't have much of a choice and I sure don't want to put the screws to the nurse who works part-time because she wishes to be a hands on Mom. I happen to think hands on Moms are cool!! My Mom & a couple of my sisters were, as well. An involved Mom cannot be beat, IMHO. I had hoped I would have more times to get the infusion process down. Now, I HAVE TO in my minds eye get it down in two more infusions.

What I did learn is w/ Zamaira after mixing the powdeed product w/ the water it is only good for 2 -3 hours. I also learned you cannot vigourously shake it or the pontential for destroying it!!

No comments: