The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

No research...Going to Urgent Care Again

Johanna and I were all set to participate in what we thought was another research study. It turns out it is a continuation of one we already participated in! I was even ready to tough out driving by myself in Chicago May 20th just so the researcher could have me participate in the study. It was the only day/location we could agree on. I woke up congested & also fighting an absessed tooth. I'm on 500mg of Pennicillian 4x day for 10 days for the tooth. I plan to go to Urgent Care first thing tomorrow morning in regard to lungs. Hopefully, we can fix what ails me and the xray will help do that!

I probably won't post any over the next several days. I need to get some things done around the house before I leave for the alpha1 retreat that CSL Behring is sponsoring down in Warrens,WI this weekend. At this point I don't plan to participate in the QuadruPedal due to my lung congestion...I think I would be flirting with disaster. I just have this vision of me collapsing on a steep hill...not cool! The up side is I will be able to attend the Sunday speakers that Cory from CSL Behring wasn't aware of when he first spoke to me about attending.

I think I will likely tough out driving in Chicago May 20th the more I think about it. Driving around Chicago is way easier than driving in St. Louis or Dallas!! There are 3 stores that have shoes for hard to fit feet. I post them a while before I takeoff to Chicago in case someone wants to leave feedback. Plus, I want to check out one of three bakeries down there. Pasieka's, Dinkel's or D'Amato's. If you have any opinions on the bakeries don't be bashful about leaving a comment!!

No comments: