The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yesterday was a very sad day for me

I received my 3 month shipment of Zamaira(augmentation therapy product) with all the butterfly needle inserts and the sharps container. I didn't expect to feel that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I opened up the box and peered in! I realized I hadn't wanted to ever be getting an IV or if I did I expected to at least be 60 years old. I'm 41 and I'll be getting a weekly IV for the rest of my life(unless by the grace of God I receive a lung transplant) or until I can no longer afford it. I get my first infusion today. They are sending a nurse over from the twin cities to assist me until I can get the hang of doing it myself.

I would not be surprised if I did cry afterwords. I'm sure if I do though I'll likely joke with friends that it is because my hormones are all out of wack!

No comments: