The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Back flips & Cartwheels!
That's what I felt like doing today after seeing Dr. Hogarth....he told me to keep doing what I'm doing. My lung function has increased 10% since I saw him last year. I tested out today at 51%.It is the most AWESOME news in the world to me!! He said when I get back in shape completely my lung function maynot increase but, what I am able to do with that lung function will.