Well, the interview is definitely on at WGEZ 1490 am out of Beloit, Wisconsin. Sometime between 8pm - 9:30pm April 26th, 2009. I am not nervous at the present time. I'm thinking about 1 - 2 hours before my stomachs going to flip flop but, on the other hand I may experience an enormous sense of calm. What ever way I react I know the most important thing I can do is to continue to help raise awareness about alpha1. We need more people properly diagnosed that can participate in research so we have more answers than we do now!
It seems the locals found Americas Grow A Row program too intimidating or felt it was inadequate....at least they recognize the need for food at the local food pantries and are doing some sort of vegetable growing program for those economically disadvantaged.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking