The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dairyland Dare

This will likely be my last year to participate in this trek. The Horribly Hilly Hundreds which is another trek I once contemplated participating in I will likely never participate in either as they have moved away from chip timing. Many of these larger treks want so much for what they offer....it just doesn't seem as worth it to participate. I do still intend to do treks but, more leisurely ones such as the Rotary Pie ride in Janesville, WI or there's another trek up by Arbor Vitae in September that interest me. Wheels In The Woods I think it is. Each of these combined costs will be signicantly less than the other two. In fact, what it will cost me for the Rotary ride & Wheels in the woods will be equal to the DD or the HHH.

I am pretty sure I'm not going to post much as I have become very busy with my farm and readying myself for the farmers market. I have around 3.25 - 3.5 acres of crops. Almost half will be sweet corn. I also am slowly getting mechanical equipment in good working order for the farm, lawns and the cabin. I have 2 mechanical projects completed & have 5 more to go. The plan is to complete 3 more before I need to start attending farmers markets. The remaing 2 will have to wait till fall along with the dismantling my traditional wood barn. I am enjoying the farm more and more....all the time. I am still in awe of what I have! I'm still noticing new things to appreciate about it!

The dominant motivator for working so much ground is to get a little extra set aside so that when my breast reconstruction is completed in December and I'm off work because I'll be on restriction I can breathe easy. Last time I had a lot of trouble with Mayo releasing the proper information the the disability insurance reps. If that turnsout to be smooth sailing...great! Then the other aspect is I am hoping to make a 2 - 3 week visit to my primary health POA in Pensacola,FL. Enjoying a little warmth in December or January wouldn't hurt my feelings either. My neighbors seem to think it wouldn't be an inconvience to them to tend my animals. Plus, being down in Pensacola Karen can have the reassurance that I am not overdoing anything. She has had to protect me from myself before! I asked her the last time I talk with her if she remember that time I tried to go to work with a 102 temp 22 years ago. She said "Oooh, Yes." As in that kind of oh, yes that expresses....and I hope I never have to go through that again! That was TOO scary!!

No comments: