The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Thursday, May 14, 2009

What Kind of Childhood Games Are You Playing?....Pick Up Sticks!!

That's what Johanna had to ask me on the phone earlier in the week when I answered. SEE she does have a sense of humor!!

I had been cleaning up the sticks in one of my lawn accounts when she called. Not the nicest day in the world. Windy w/ warm humidity. So glad that's done! Received my parts for my Skag from Anderson-Thomas. Now, I'm back in business as far as lawn mowing.

Had my "last supper"- prime rib, baked potato, salad & various other goodies. Going to be a while before I get partial denture plates. First got to get my med bills paid off! Got UofC physicians bill paid off. Now, onto UofC Hospital bill(August pay off) & then onto paying off cancer bill. GREAT news!! Heating fuel prices have dropped by 30% from what I paid last year & I found a more affordable mortgage/car insurance carrier....every bit COUNTS!!

Would post more but, got less than an hour to finish what's left of "last supper" and off to bed.

No comments: