They are having one of those kinda programs @ OST(the place where I do cardio & weight lifting). I didn't do it last year but, I am able to this year. I need to get down to 145 but, I'd love to get down to 143. I know several years ago when I lost weight the wrong way for a wedding(before I was diagnosed w/ alpha1) I dropped down 4 sizes. At that time I had dropped to 150 pounds.
I took a voluntary layoff to get caught up on lawn & garden work. I now know why farmers had so many kids....to keep the lawn & garden looking well cared for!! Also, I took voluntary layoff to get more involved in training for the DD. I need to get more prepared for longer rides. I keep threatening to bike 10 miles to work & 10 miles from work to train & save gas. Don't ya just love them escalating gas prices!!
As for the DD my loosely laid plan is to really give R the first 50 miles while it's cooler and take my good natured time the last almost 15 miles when it is sure to be warmer.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking