The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1

  • Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
  • Learn To Breathe Effectively
  • Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
  • Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
  • Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
  • Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
  • Drink Plenty Of Water
  • Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
  • Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
  • Stop Smoking

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Biggest Loser...

They are having one of those kinda programs @ OST(the place where I do cardio & weight lifting). I didn't do it last year but, I am able to this year. I need to get down to 145 but, I'd love to get down to 143. I know several years ago when I lost weight the wrong way for a wedding(before I was diagnosed w/ alpha1) I dropped down 4 sizes. At that time I had dropped to 150 pounds.

I took a voluntary layoff to get caught up on lawn & garden work. I now know why farmers had so many kids....to keep the lawn & garden looking well cared for!! Also, I took voluntary layoff to get more involved in training for the DD. I need to get more prepared for longer rides. I keep threatening to bike 10 miles to work & 10 miles from work to train & save gas. Don't ya just love them escalating gas prices!!

As for the DD my loosely laid plan is to really give R the first 50 miles while it's cooler and take my good natured time the last almost 15 miles when it is sure to be warmer.

No comments: