The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Swimming With the Sharks...Gonna Make It to High Ground!
Yesterday we had the shortest meeting scheduled for the conference room in the history of me working there. Rumors ran rampant as they often do in a manufacturing plant. I had often read & heard that some people go into business because they "had no other choice". I had my "head screwed on" that if it was another mandatory layoff.....I was gonna swim with the sharks and make it to high ground. After the meeting it occured to me that's what a person needs to do when they are facing disability or sudden awareness of a disorder or disease. We need to chose to believe we will overcome. That medical break throughs will happen. That we will learn something that gives us an edge!