When I saw Dr. Hogarth this last Monday my lung function had improved 10% in the last year. He said to keep doing what I was doing. I asked him if I became more diligent with my exercising would that improve anymore. He said maybe but, by exercising I would for sure be able to do more with the lunbg function I have now. Either way that IS good news!!
I do have some female issues so, I need to see an OB/GYN. I had presented the issue to him first because I knew ZZ's are notorious for miscarriages and premature menopause. I wasn't concerned about the former....just the later!! I scare guys up here where I live because I'm educated and know how to do a lot of things most women don't. Just call me the INTIMIDATOR! ROFLOL
He said it likely isn't anything to get scared about. He gave three possible scenarios. The last being the one to be scared about. More than likely I just need to get re-syncronized. I've been under some pressure/stress lately.
Hardwork is coming in the form of training for the DD, market farming & tearing down my barn. Cory looked at it and he said to tear it down and if I still wanted the traditional barn.....Save what I could and rebuild it as I could afford to. Now, I need to look around for a couple good roofing harnesses and possibly scaffolding.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking