Yesterday Lucy and I went solo. Between the two of us we managed to blow through my veins 3 times before we called it quits. She said that my body would absorb the fluid and I would be able to stick myself in the same areas by today. Since her daughter was flying in from Italy today she had to get a coworker to come out today. .....It truly amazes me how many people I know that have children that have married someone in another country and chosen to live there. I went to college with a girl born in Italy(and now an American citizen) and I have to say I think I could handle living in Italy but, I'd sure have a time mastering the language I would think.
I got it the first stick but, I shook like a leaf during half my infusion. I was petrified I'd blow the vein. The fact that I was able to stick myself without blowing a vein today is such a huge relief!! The substitute was a very hands off nurse which helped I think and as she said the goal is for you to able to self-infuse.
The Top10 Things You Should Do If You Test Positive For Alpha1
- Have A List Of Questions When You See a Doctor About Your Alpha1(If you try to remember the questions you want to ask you may forget half of them)
- Learn To Breathe Effectively
- Limit Or Eliminate Your Alcohol Consumption
- Don't Be Afraid To Be Proactive About Your Alpha1
- Get Plenty Of Rest(You will likely have a higher oxygenation level)
- Avoid Sick People(You have a lower immune system than most people)
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Eat Healthy/Avoid Processed Food(Carbonated beverages)
- Start A Careful Exercise Program/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program(Your muscles will become more efficient so they won't use as much oxygen and if you have surgery you will likely recover quicker as well)
- Stop Smoking